NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING
NOTICE is hereby given that the Superintendent of Insurance (Superintendent), New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance (OSI), upon the Superintendent’s own motion, and proceeding pursuant to the New Mexico Insurance Code, 1978 NMSA Section 59A-1-1, et seq. (Insurance Code), proposes to promulgate new rules pertaining to provider payment and provider credentialing, to be codified in the New Mexico Administrative Code (NMAC) at Section 13.10.28 (PROVIDER PAYMENT AND PROVIDER CREDENTIALING).
1. The text of the proposed new rule is located on the OSI website at http://www.osi.state.nm.us/, under the “Rulemaking” tabs, and is incorporated by reference into this Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NOPR).
2. Statutory authority for promulgation of this rule is found at Sections 59A-22-54; 59A-23-14; 59A-46-54 and 59A-47-48, NMSA 1978.
3. OSI staff, all health care insurers and health care providers conducting business in the state of New Mexico, and the public are encouraged to provide comments or file any written proposals or comments according to the criteria and schedule set forth as follows:
a) Oral comments will be accepted at the public hearing from any interested persons;
b) Written statements, proposals or comments may be submitted for the record, in lieu of providing oral comments at the hearing and are due no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 15, 2016. Any responsive proposals or comments should be filed no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 22, 2016.
4. Written comments and written response comments shall be filed by sending original copies to:
Mr. Mariano Romero
OSI Records Management Bureau
1120 Paseo de Peralta, Room 331
P. O. Box 1689
Santa Fe, NM 87504-1689
ATTN: Docket No. 16-00021-RULE-LH
5. The Superintendent will hold a public comment hearing beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, July 15, 2016, at the Office of Superintendent of Insurance, in the Fourth Floor Hearing Room, OLD PERA Building, 1120 Paseo de Peralta, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501. Deputy Superintendent Robert Doucette will be the designated hearing examiner for this case.
6. Any person with a disability requiring special assistance in order to participate in a hearing should contact Lois Caroline Pedro, at 505-476-0305 at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the hearing.
7. The Superintendent will consider all oral comments and will review all timely submitted written comments and responses.
8. The record in this rulemaking shall close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 22, 2016, at which time no further oral or written communication concerning this rulemaking will be entertained or considered by the Superintendent or the Hearing Examiner [or the date a Final Order is issued in this case.]
9. Copies of this NOPR shall be sent to all persons on the attached Certificate of Service, via electronic mail if possible and otherwise via U.S mail.
DONE AND ORDERED this 15th day of June, 2016.
JOHN G. FRANCHINI
Superintendent of Insurance
Click The Links below to access:
Provider Payment and Provider Credentialing Requirements LC
Notice of Proposed Rule-making Provider Payment and Provider Credentialing Requirements